Appended Articles of Association
- Article 1
- Taiwan Urogynecology Association.(TUGA) (abbreviated as the association in the following)
- Article 2
- The association is set up according to the legal provision and is a social and non-profit social organization. The purpose of it is to facilitate the medical research on urinary and lax pelvis of women, and to enhance the professional capability within the expertise.
- Article 3
- The association will base on the administration zones of the country as its regions of organizations, and will, according to law, set up subordinate organization.
- Article 4
- The association site will be established at the locality where the authority in-charge-of, and will submit to the authority in-charge-of for approval to setup subordinate organization. The by-laws of the previous subordinate organization will be formulated by the board, and submit to the authority in-charge-of for implementation after approval. The site of association and the address of the subordinate organization will be submitted to the authority in-charge-of for filing in establishment and change.
- Article 5
- Promote the medical research on urinary and lax pelvis of women.
- rovide clinical training on the medical research on urinary and lax pelvis of women, and the training of sub-specialized doctor.
- Promote clinical treatment service on the medical research on urinary and lax pelvis of women.
- Provide medical and health counseling on the medical research on urinary and lax pelvis of women for the entire nationals.
- Promote the medical cooperation on the medical research on urinary and lax pelvis of women, research, and knowledge exchange internationally.
- Article 6
- The authority in charge-of the association is the Ministry of the Interior, and the authority of the enterprise objective based on the mission and purpose stipulated in the association articles is the Department of Health.
Second Chapter Membership
- Article 7
- qualifications for membership to the association.
One has to fill in application when applying for membership, and should have membership due entertained after receiving approval from the board; group membership should assign a representative to exercise their rights, and the subordinate organization of this association should join as group membership.
All those who are in favor of the purpose of the association, and are over 20 of age with qualification as specialist doctor of ROC Obs/Gyn, specialist doctor of urology, specialist doctor of rehabilitation, nurse, and physiotherapist, and are cleared of acceptance after review.
All those who are in favor of the purpose of the association, and are over 20 of age with qualification as specialist doctor of ROC Obs/Gyn, specialist doctor of urology, or specialist doctor of rehabilitation.
All those who are in favor of the purpose of the association, and are over 20 of age, and are working or conducting relevant medical research.
Group or individual who sponsor the works of the association.
Specialist doctor of urinary and pelvic reconstruction for women
Fundamental qualification must be a member of this association, and one must be cleared of oral and written test.
it is written from the question database as arranged by the secretariat; if the applicant is given with the background of having a paper being the first author of relevant SUI paper on urology on women, two papers as the second author, or three papers as the third author he can be exempted from the test.
- adjudicator: one is endowed with teaching qualification cleared with the Ministry of Education.
- interview members: mainly those who are board directors and supervisors of the association.
- supervisory doctor: one supervisory doctor is assigned in every area, and there won’t be extra personnel with time increased.
- Article 8
- Members (member representative) have right of vote and election, being elected and recalled; every member (member representative) represent a vote; however, associate, member, research member, and sponsor member are exempted with such rights.
- Article 9
- Members are obligated to abide the articles of the association, resolution, and payment of membership due.
- Article 10
- If any member (member representative) is in breach of laws, articles, or resolution of general assembly, and do not entertain membership due for two consecutive years without good cause, the board will render warning or stoppage of membership rights with board resolution; should incident of significance that jeopardize the organization, members will can be expunged with resolution of general assembly.
- Article 11
- Members disqualified or expunged by the general assembly is considered outcast from the association.
- Article 12
- Members can put in written statement and explain to this association of causes why they withdraw from the association.
Third Chapter Organization and Authority
- Article 13
- The highest institute of authority is of the general assembly. When the number of members (member representative) exceeds more than 300 people, 50 member representatives upon regional proportion can be elected, and then general assembly can be convened to exercise the rights of the general assembly. The tenure of member representative stands for two years, while rules of election will be formulated by the board of directors, and submitted to the authority in-charge-of for filing before implementation.
- Article 14
- authorities of the general assembly are as follows:
- Formulation and modification of articles.
- Election and recall of directors and supervisors.
- Discussion of admission due, regular yearly due, enterprise expense, and the amount and ways of member donation.
- Discussion of working plan, report, budget, and appropriation resolution for the year.
- Discussion of expunge penalty of member (member representative).
- Discussion of property management.
- Discussion the dis-incorporation of the association.
- Discussion of other major events that are relevant to the interest and duty of members.
- Article 15
The association will be established with 15 board directors and 5 supervisors who are to be elected by members (member representative), and then board of directors and supervisors will be established.
Before the election of directors and supervisors, 5 supplementary directors 1 supervisor can be elected concurrently upon the election so that when there vacancy of director and supervisor falls they can fill the vacancy accordingly.
The board of directors this session can propose referential name-list for directors and supervisors, and election of director and supervisors can be conducted via mail. However, successive administration of election as such is not allowed. Election regulations via mail must be approved by the board and submitted to the authority in-charge-of for filing before implementation.
- Article 16
- authorities of the board directors.
Other items of matters to be implemented.
- Review the qualification of member (member representative).
- Elect and recall executive directors and chairperson.
- Discussion of resignation of board directors, executive directors, and chairperson.
- Employment of staff.
- Formulation of working plan, report and budget, and appropriation resolution.
- Article 17
The board of directors will be established with 5 executive directors, and they are elected from the directors; the directors will elect one from the executive directors as the chairperson.
The chairperson will supervise association affairs internally, and represent the association externally; he will act as the chair at the general assembly and board of directors; if the chairperson is incapacitated to carry out his work, he should appoint an executive director to act on his behalf, and if he has not appointed anyone or cannot appoint one acting chairperson should be nominated from the executive directors.
- Article 18
- the authorities of the board of supervisors are found as follows:
- Supervise the work by board of directors as implemented.
- Review the annual appropriation resolution.
- Election and recall of executive directors.
- Discussion of resignation of executive directors and supervisors.
- Other matters to be supervised.
- Article 19
The board of supervisor is established with an executive supervisors who are elected from the supervisors, and he should supervise regular association affairs as well as act as the chairperson of the board of supervisors; if the executive supervisor cannot execute authorities as of other matter he should a supervisor to act on behalf, and he has not or cannot appoint one, one should be nominated among the supervisors.
If the chairperson of the board of supervisor (executive supervisor) fall vacant, by-election should be held within a month.
- Article 20
- Director and supervisor are without remuneration, and the tenure should last for 2 years; one can be re-elected, but chairperson can only be re-elected once.
- Article 21
- Director or supervisor with any of the scenarios should be discharged from their position:
- Disqualified of membership status (membership representative).
- Resignation from the position of chairperson with causes or has been resolved of approval by the board of supervisors.
- Being recalled or removed.
- Those who have been stopped of membership rights over 1/2 of their tenure.
- Article 22
- The association is established with a secretary-general, who should administer the association affairs upon the instruction of the chairperson, and there will be several staffs that are hired by the chairperson after having received approval from the board of directors and submitted to the authority in-charge-of for filing. However, the discharge of employment of the secretary general be submitted to the authority in-charge of for filing, and the previous work cannot be assumed by director or supervisor. The authorities of the staff and responsibilities in different tiers should be further formulated by the board of directors.
- Article 23
- The association can establish various committees, team, or other internal operation organizations, while the by-rules of the these organizations should be formulated by the board of directors, and they are to be submitted to the authority in-charge-of before implementation, and the same with modification.
- Article 24
- The association can call in a honorary chairperson by the board of directors, and several honorary directors and consultants, while the tenure of them will be the same as director and supervisor.
Fourth Chapter Meetings
- Article 25
- The general assembly is found two different meeting as regular session and emergency session, and they are convene by the chairperson; to call emergency session from the regular one, members should be notified 15 days in advance; the regular session is convened once a year, while for emergency session it should be convened if considered necessary by the board of directors, or with request by the more than one-fifth of the membership (member representative), or under the request by the board of supervisors.
- Article 26
- If member (member representative) cannot present himself to the general assembly in person, he can entrust other members (member representative) for representation, each member can only act on behalf (member representative) for one member.
- Article 27
- The resolution made by the general assembly should be consented for implementation upon the presence of half of the membership (member representative), and with the majority rendering affirmation. Nonetheless, for the formulation and modification of association articles, expunge of member (member representative), recall of director and supervisor, disposal of property, and dis-incorporation of the association and other major events that are related to the rights and responsibilities of the membership they should be rendered consent by two-third of those who are present. After the incorporation of the association, the changes of articles should be consented by third-fourth of those who are present, or by two-third of the entire membership conducted in written statement.
- Article 28
The board of directors and supervisors should be held once every six-month, and if necessary joint session or emergency session can be convened.
Of the previously mentioned session from emergency session, written notification should be made 7 days in advance, while the resolutions of the meetings should be consented for implementation with half of the directors and supervisors present, and with the majority rendering affirmation.
- Article 29
- Directors are obligated to attend the board of directors and supervisors the board of supervisors, and attendance by representative is not authorized; if directors and supervisors who do not attend board of directors and supervisor with good cause are considered to be resign from the position.
Fifth Chapter Expenses and Accounting
- Article 30
- sources of income of the association.
- Admission fee:
The due amount of money should be entertained at time of admission; the admission fee for individual membership is NT$3,000, NT$ for 3,000 for associate membership, NT$1,000 for research membership, and NT$_____ for sponsor membership.
- Regular yearly due:
It should be entertained once a year; the amount of money for individual membership is NT$2,500, NT$1,000 for associate membership, NT$500 for research membership, and NT$___ for sponsor membership.
- Enterprise expense.
- Membership donation.
- Entrusted proceeds.
- Fund and interests.
- Other incomes.
- Article 31
- The fiscal year of the year is based on the calendar year, and it begins on the 1st of January and ends on 31st of December.
- Article 32
- The association will begin rendering working plan, revenue and expense table, staff and remuneration table two months before the fiscal year for the general assembly (if the general assembly cannot be convened as scheduled with causes, they should be submitted to the joint session of board of directors and supervisors in advance), and these items of information should be submitted to the authority in-charge-of for filing before the fiscal year. And two months after the end of the fiscal year, the board of directors should produce working report, revenue and expense table, receipt and payment table of cash, assets and liabilities table, and property catalog and receipt and payment of funding for the review of the board of supervisors, And the board of supervisors should attach with comments and opinions to the board of directors for the approval of the general assembly. By the end of March, these statements should be submitted to the authority in-charge-of for filing and approval (if the general assembly cannot be convened as schedule, they should be first submitted to the authority in-charge-of).
- Article 33
- When the association is dis-incorporated, the rest of the property should go to the autonomous organization of the locality, or the designated organization as appointed by the authority in-charge-of.
Sixth Chapter Appended Articles
- Article 34
- Matters that are not regulated by the articles of the association should be administered according to relevant legal provisions.
- Article 35
- The articles of the association should, once approved by the general assembly (member representative), be submitted to the authority in-charge-of for filing before implementation, and the same with modification.
- Article 36
- The articles of the association have been approved by the first meeting of the first general assembly held on 26th of April, 1998, and have been submitted to the Ministry of the Interior for filing on the 4th of September, 1998 as document No. 8796348